A lot of us would find a headstand challenging enough, however Li Longlong (China) can not only stand on his head but walk on it too!
Li, who is from Henan province of mainland China, has held the record for most consecutive stairs climbed on the head since 2012.
His latest attempt was on the set of CCTV Guinness World Records Special in Jiangyin, China on 5 January 2015, where he achieved a new record by climbing 36 stairs.
Li was able to beat his previous record of 34, which was again on the set of CCTV Guinness World Records Special on 6 December 2012
The strict rules for this gruelling challenge insist that the participant must not pause for more than five seconds between steps, and that no part of the body other than the head may touch them.
History of the record
- 05 January 2015 - 36 stairs was achieved by Li Longlong (China)
- 06 December 2012 - 34 stairs achieved by Zhao Xiaolong and Li Longlong (both China)
- 17 December 2010 – 24 stairs achieved by Hou Baochang (China)
- 15 March 2010 – 15 stairs achieved by Sun Xi Zhong (China)
- 07 September 2009 – 11 stairs achieved by Sun Xi Zhong (China)